There are many ways you can help support the library’s mission to serve the community.
The Mary S. Biesecker Public Library is always looking for dedicated, energetic volunteers. Duties include working at the circulation desk, shelf reading, dusting shelves and shelving books. Days needed include Mondays, Fridays, or Saturdays. Clearances required. Please contact the library at 445-4011 for more information.
– Book donations in good condition are accepted only during normal opening hours.
– Books must be in good physical condition with no tears or blemishes.
– Books that smell musty or are damp are not accepted.
– Donated magazines are also not accepted.
Buy our Books:
– You can also give donations for us to buy books directly through Junior Library Guild, a service that reviews and chooses only the best new literature for children and young adults.
– Support our used book sale! Available year-round in the basement Resource Room area. Check the calendar for special larger sale events usually scheduled in May and November.
Support our Partner Donation Programs:
|Buy from Amazon.com and donate 0.5% of your purchase price to our library.|
|Do you sell on eBay? Donate a percentage of your sales to the library.|
|Stay tuned for events at local restaurants where a percentage of the tab gets donated directly to the library.|
Monetary Donations are gladly welcomed via mail, in person or via a PayPal Giving Fund credit/debit card transaction online. Note that PayPal Giving Fund waives processing fees, so 100% of your online donation contributes to our mission. A PayPal account is not required.
|Checks can be mailed to:
230 S. Rosina Ave
Somerset, PA 15501