The Mary S. Biesecker Public Library recognizes its responsibility to provide information and recreational materials for all the people of the community. We are committed to the promotion of lifelong learning.
In 1914 the Somerset Public Library was started by nearly 100 local residents who wanted to share their love of reading with the local community. In 1943, the library moved to its present location at 230 S. Rosina Ave. in Somerset, PA.
The library was renamed The Mary S. Biesecker Public Library and continues its founders’ tradition with a collection of over 35,000 items including books, e-Books, dvds, audiobooks, and periodicals. We also have modern electronic resources including free internet, public computers, wireless printing, and fast WiFi throughout the library.
We are a public library, supported by state and local funding, corporate and private donations and small fee services within the library. We are members of Access PA System, American Library Association, Pennsylvania Library Association, and the Cambria County District Library System.
Library Director: Lee Ann Schrock
Library Aides: JoAnn Critchfield, Susan Kinsella, Pat Kuna
Volunteers: Phyllis Moore, Leon Carey, Rae Ann Weaver, Helen Skalski
Board of Directors: Mr. Matt Deal – President, Mrs. Annette Isgan- Vice President, Mr. Benedict Vinzani- Treasurer, Mr. G. Henry Cook – Secretary, Mrs. Mona Herrell, Mrs. Marsha Dykstra, and Megan E. Will.