Part-time position as Library Communications Assistant, available immediately:
The Mary S. Biesecker Public Library is seeking a person with digital skills to help better communicate and market the programming and resources the library offers to our community.
The primary role of this position will be to help manage a variety of digital communications resources. Secondary roles include:
- staffing the front desk to assist with checking out books, assisting patrons, and performing other library-related maintenance tasks.
- planning and implementing new library programming and/or help run existing programs
This is a part-time position, starting at 15 hours per week at $12/hour to be filled immediately. Options exist to expand to 20 hours per week in the near future with possibilities of long-term future growth. A minimum of one Saturday per month is required. The person must demonstrate familiarity with several forms of social media, have experience with blog and basic website management (WordPress preferred), be comfortable with creating and managing a digital newsletter, and willing to work with children, teens, and adults. A college degree with relevant work experience is preferred, but candidates of all backgrounds will be considered. Submit a resume or obtain additional information at the Mary S. Biesecker Library or online at maryslibrary.com. Applications are being considered on a rolling basis starting immediately.
Detailed descriptions of responsibilities for this post are as follows:
Effectively convey library events, programming & available resources using a combination of the following media:
- Facebook, Google, Twitter, YouTube, and/or expansion to other platforms
- Library Newsletter (managed using Vertical Response online software)
- Website (hosted and managed in WordPress)
Other responsibilities include:
- Work a minimum of one Saturday per month and more if desired.
- Prepare and take ownership of at least one new program within the first six months of employment
- Help implement existing library programs when needed (family movies, book sale, afterschool activities, community outreach.)
- Assist with everyday library operational functions, such as staffing the front desk, checking out books, or helping patrons as needed.
For more specific information or to email your resume, please contact us at: email@example.com